Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Refresh Data Error:

Working on populating the transactions and symbols for my portfolio. As i do, I get an error now as I try to refresh the data. The error states that it is not able to run the query as it is getting a table of values when expecting a single value. Are you familiar with this error in Excel?

I recently purchased a stock that was not in existence back on the "starting date' for my portfolio. Would that be a possible problem? Do I need to specify the date in the scripts such that it does not look further back in history than the stock existed? (even if the purchase date was obviously not back that far?0r is my issue related to something else entirely?

Thanks!

Comments

• The complete error message from Excel reads as follows:

The query did not run or the Data model could not be accessed. Here's the message we got:

Mdx Script (Model) (17,133) Calculation error in measure 'Report" (Equity value) A table of values was supplied where a single value was expected.

Thanks
  • Hi,

Could you please send me:
    1 Workbook
    2. PsCOnfig.txt file
    3. All files from PSData folder

You can zip all that and send me by email. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Hello

I decided to delete all my symbols and transactions and start again. The error must have been somewhere in there, as I no longer get the error message upon refreshing.

Thanks