Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Odd Price return from the Google site

Hi Vidas,
A few of my Symbol Quotes that come from the Google website are not totally correct. When I call for some of my US Symbols such as "CVX" (Chevron) or "CLB" (Core Lab), I get prices in the EOD Qotes file or the magnitude as seen for the interday prices, or posted on the Google webpage. I wonder if this is a format issue and is related to a Symbol Price being over $100 per share.

Many Regards
buddyb

Comments

• buddyb,

I suspect your problem is with receiving quotes for symbol different than you are expecting. While playing with CVX I noticed that quotes were received for different company. Could yo please try to replace CVX with NYSE:CVX in psConfig.txt file, run .bat file and then check quotes sufolder for _NYSY_CVX_.txt file - if quotes are OK, then you will need to update your Symbol table in Excel workbook and refresh data.
  • You are correct!! Using the US exchange symbol name "NYSE:CVX" instead of just "CVX" brings in the proper historical stock prices and allows calculations of earlier day Gains/Losses into PS's "Daily Tab". Everything is looking to be falling back into place.
    Thanks again for all your efforts with this amazing Software Package.
    bb