Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error 'couldn't get data from the Data Model'

I have received the following message when trying to refresh all on my Holdings sheet for the first time (i.e. following initial entry of all of my transactions).

I am attaching the full error message, which suggests that there is some circularity issue?

Any thoughts / help greatly appreciated! Looking forward to using what looks like a fantastic product!

Thanks in advance

Laurence

P.S. I did note a single red cell (C3) labelled 'USD' in the currency column of 'srcSymbol' sheet, but do not know why it is highlighted as CAD, GBP and USD are all listed in my ReportCurrency table in my src worksheet. Could the error relate to the retained ^GSPTSE and ^GSPC indices, following yahoo's decision not to publish historic price info?

Comments

• This error usually indicates that based on data you entered into Transactions table, system cannot properly calculate cost basis. In most cases this means that you have SELL transactions BEFORE BUY transaction. Could you please review your transactions. If you believe that all looks good, could you please send me your workbook and content of PSData folder. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Hi Vidas,

I'm getting the same error and have reviewed transaction history to ensure no sells before buys. Anything else you think it could be?

I had been working through getting PortfolioSlicer all setup with the first account I was entering and all the refreshes were working fine. I noticed I had missed a cash deposit in 2016 during my final run through of all the transactions, so I added it....when I did the refresh, that's when this error started to appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • I figured out my issue - I had a partially started transaction row entry for a transaction (just date and type) - once I deleted that, the error message went away on refresh.