Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding Quote Information to PS

Hi there,

I have some funds in my 401k invested in a Blackrock lifepath 2050 index. I noticed the prices on google and yahoo did not match my statements and after emailing my benefits provider, they informed me the fund is an employer directed fund that only mirrors the one on Google - really annoying!

So now I am not able to pull quote information using the scripts as it is not available online. My question is how do I manually input this data? There must be a way since PS didn't always have the scripts - they were added by a fellow user later on.

Comments

• In the Quotes folder create subfolder Manual
    Copy one quote file into that subfolder, rename file to represent your symbol, but name could be anything
    Edit that file, replace symbol and quotes values.

You must have one quote per mont for PS to work properly.
  • Thanks Vidas,

I also just noticed that you have answered this question before so I apologize for the duplicated thread.

Do I need to remove the quote file from the 'Manual' folder and deposit in the main quotes folder as this is where PS looks for the data? Does PS create the csv files based on these text files or is it the other way around?

Thanks again. I'm really liking PS by the way. It's awesome.