Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Script not updating

edited July 2017 in General
Hi. I guess starting around June 14, I noticed that my PSlicer file started having issues when the values (most notably the cap gains, start and end values) were not updating properly. The version I had been using for at least a year or two was 2.1. I'm not sure what happened but after a month of not being able to use the file, I decided to check the website if there had been any changes.

So here I am after recently downloaded ver 2.3 and having a bit of trouble getting the script to work. I followed the installation instructions and retried several times but no resolve.

Below is a copy of what I read when I launched the UpdatePSData.bat. It looks like nothing is updating and I'm also getting errors. Any ideas what I might be missing or doing wrong?

11:33:09 Script: Yahoo Historical . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed: 19/0/19. Duration: 1 sec.
11:33:16 Script: Google Web History . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed: 4/0/4. Duration: 4 sec.
11:33:23 Script: Exchange Rates BoC . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed: 2/0/2. New records: 0. Duration: 1 sec.
11:33:27 Script: Yahoo Dividends . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed/Rows: 17/0/17/0. Duration: 1 sec.
11:33:36 Script: Yahoo Intraday . Quotes Requested/Received/Used : 19/19/17. Duration: 2 sec.
Last Quote time: 2017-07-07 11:33am
11:33:41 Script: Yahoo Currency . Quotes received: 2. Last Quote: 2017-07-07 4:33pm. Duration: 1 sec.

11:33:45 Script: Google Intraday . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed: 4/0/4. Duration: 4 sec.
.\Scripts\ArchiveOldQuotes.ps1 : The term '.\Scripts\ArchiveOldQuotes.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that
the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ .\Scripts\ArchiveOldQuotes.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Scripts\ArchiveOldQuotes.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

.\Scripts\CreateDatesFile.ps1 : The term '.\Scripts\CreateDatesFile.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the
path is correct and try again.
+ .\Scripts\CreateDatesFile.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Scripts\CreateDatesFile.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

.\Scripts\AppendGeneratedQuotes.ps1 : The term '.\Scripts\AppendGeneratedQuotes.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
verify that the path is correct and try again.
+ .\Scripts\AppendGeneratedQuotes.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Scripts\AppendGeneratedQuotes.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

.\Scripts\CheckPSFiles.ps1 : The term '.\Scripts\CheckPSFiles.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path
is correct and try again.
+ .\Scripts\CheckPSFiles.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Scripts\CheckPSFiles.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

Waiting 10sec before closing [Y]?

Thanks

Comments

• Yahoo no longer provides data downloads. You will have to update your psconfig file to use Google instead. There is a longer thread on this subject on this forum - http://support.portfolioslicer.com/index.php?p=/discussion/185/switching-quotes-source-from-yahoo-to-google. Hope this helps.
  • thanks.
    i noticed that thread to and had spent an hour or more trying to make the needed updates, unfortunately i'm still not able to get it working. most of the symbols aren't working even though it's downloading the quotes.
  • Hi,

If quotes are downloaded, then all you have to do is to make sure that symbol in Quotes files matches symbols in Symbol table and then in Transactions table.
    For each symbol:
    1. Open quotes.csv file and find quotes - you want to make sure that quotes are there.
    2. In Excel workbook go to Symbol table and find same symbol.
    3. Go to transactions table and find transactions for the same symbol.

If all matches, you should be good.

I am on Europe trip this week, will be back on Friday - if you still have issues,you can send me your files in PSData folder and your Excel file, tell me 1 symbol that does not work and I'll review your data - but just after Friday.
  • I have an update. I believe I might be having some issues with the batch script. I'm getting some errors which I am challenged with. I thought deleting the old csv files would have corrected the problem with the date issues.

Any ideas what I should be doing to resolve the below errors?

21:24:18 Script: Google History . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed: 5/0/5. Duration: 2 sec.
    21:24:20 Script: Google Web History . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed: 18/0/18. Duration: 6 sec.
    21:24:27 Script: Exchange Rates BoC . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed: 2/0/2. New records: 0. Duration: 2 sec.
    21:24:33 Script: Yahoo Currency . Quotes received: 0. Last Quote: . Duration: 0 sec.

21:24:46 Script: Append Generates Quotes. Duration: 0 sec.
    Quotes.csv. Minimum date in file should be after configured MinDate - ERROR. Actual minimum date in file 2006-01-03
    Quotes.csv. Maximum date in file should be today or before - ERROR. Actual maximum date in file 2017-07-14
    Quotes.csv. Date+Symbol should be unique - ERROR. Duplicate records:

21:24:48 File Quotes.csv check completed. Errors found - please review

Dividends.csv. Minimum date in file should be configured MinDate - ERROR. Actual minimum date in file 2011-01-26
    Dividends.csv. Maximum date in file should be today or before - ERROR. Actual maximum date in file 2017-07-16
    CurrencyConv.csv. Minimum date in file should be configured MinDate - ERROR. Actual minimum date in file 2006-01-03
    CurrencyConv.csv. Maximum date in file should be today or before - ERROR. Actual maximum date in file 2017-07-16
    21:24:47 ******* Script: Check PS Files. Duration: 2 sec.
    ***** Generated PS files were checked - errors were found, please review *****
    Waiting 10sec before closing [Y]?
  • Update - I was able to somehow fix my issues mentioned. I think I had some errors in my script and one of the suggestions in the forum to use SymbolReplace did not work for me. I believe adding NYSE and TSE in front of the symbol resolved it.

The next problem I'm trying to figure out now is getting my dividend reports back. Currently my file shows no dividends, and i think it has to do with the dividends.csv file - it doesn't have any information in there.
  • Hi,

Previously dividends information was provided by Yahoo. As Yahoo stopped providing dividends, this file will not be updated for you automatically. You will have to manually file in dividend payment information in \Dividends folder files.
  • Hi Vidas, thanks for letting me know about the loosing this ability. Do you have any info or links that will explain how to file the divs manually? Thanks
  • Hello, I seem to be duplicating all my quotes and haven't a clue where it's getting the instructions to do so.

My error.txt file shows this:
    "Quotes.csv. Date+Symbol should be unique - ERROR. Duplicate records:"

Here is one solution I did but to my surprise it's still duplicating all the symbols.

1. deleted all the symbols between in the psConfig.txt file.
    2. deleted all the files under the PSData folder
    3. deleted all the files under Quotes
    4. Ran the UPdatePSDData.bat

I figured it was a clean way of fixing my error however it is still duplicating. What could I be missing here?
  • Hi, could you please also delete file from QuotesIntraDay folder and run again. If you still have issue after that, please send me your Quotes.csv file.
  • Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it didn't help. I must have done something really wrong with the upgrade procedure. So I started fresh and copied over the just the transactions and the symbols and everything seems good now. The PBID is also working nicely now and happy to finally have PS working again. Thank sir