Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error messages upon completion of UpdatePSdata.bat

Greetings

Over the past couple of days I've been getting some errors upon running of the quotes update batch file.

I ran it this evening around 9pm EST. See attached screen shot. When I go in and examine the symbols it highlights in red, the files appear to have been updated for todays closing quotes and I don't see "duplicate" text files for the symbols.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Could you please zip quotes folder and send me. My email is in contact us page
  • edited July 2017
    Hi,

I received your files. I did not find any duplicate data in Quotes folder.
    I reviewed Quotes.csv file for duplicate quotes for symbol TSE:BCE. I found that TSE:BCE record has "block" of quotes in one place and then there is one duplicate record for 2017-07-12 at the end of the file. Because that duplicate record is at the end of the file, I strongly believe that issue is in QuotesIntraDay folder - that is quotes from that file are appended to Quotes.csv file and in the QuotesIntraDay folder has old quotes that are not deleted probably because related PowerShell script is not executed anymore. So simply delete ALL files from QuotesIntraDay folder and you should be OK.
    Additional notes:
    1. Your psConfig.txt file still have symbols under section - please remove that or comment them out (start line with #)
    2. If you re-download latest scripts, they have an option to rename symbols. That is in your Excel file you might have symbol REI-UN.TO, but you cannot get quotes from yahoo for that symbol. With new scripts you would add "TSE:REI.UN" under <GoogleWeb> section and then under new section <SymbolRename> you would add: TSE:REI.UN,REI-UN.TO and you do not need to change anything in Excel. This is a great help for people moving from Yahoo to Google for quotes.

• Hi Vidas

Thank you for looking into the matter. I deleted the files in the folder and ran the script and it worked without issue.

I followed your suggestion and then downloaded the latest scripts and made the necessary changes (it will be nice not having to rename all the symbols in the spreadsheet). All seems good, however I am getting 2 errors which indicate errors in the minimum and maximum dates in my Quotes.csv file (see attached).

Any thoughts?
  • This error tells you that you have problem with Minimum Date.
    In psConfig.txt you set MinDate to be 2015-12-31, but in your quotes folder you have quotes for dates before that - 2015-07-02. Identify files with quotes before 2015-12-31 and delete them. As alternative - you could backup existing quotes to another folder (not subfolder in Quotes folders), then delete them and re-do extract for all quotes.

For second error (Maximum Date) - please check what symbol has quote after 2017-07-14. There should not be any quotes after that business day. If there are - then you might want to disable IntraDay quotes for that symbol - in psConfig.txt for that symbol, using format:
    Symbol,MinDate,MaxDate,IntraDayFlag[Y|N],[DividendFlag[Y|N],FactorHistory,FactorIntraDay,FactorDividend
    that is, example
    TSE:REI.UN,,,N
  • Located the problem files, deleted, and the script now updates perfectly.

Thank you so much for your help!!