Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missing dates

Comments

• I did that. Now I don't get any issues when I run the UpdatePSData. However, within portfolio slicer excel file, I'm still missing dates 9/6/17 and 9/7/17. Also, the amount of increase/decrease for the last day is in correct. What else do I need to check?
  • Shawni,

When you run scripts, for each quote they check last quote in the file and then request new quotes just starting from next date. So if for symbol ABC you have quote up to date 2017-08-08, next requested quote will be for date 2017-08-09. If you have any holes in the quotes, please delete records after missing date and scripts will add quotes.
  • Do I do this in the Quotes file for each stock symbol?
  • If you just start with this - delete (backup first) all files from Quotes folder and re-run scripts. Check if you have error.txt file in PSData folder after that. If so - please send me your psConfig.txt file. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • I deleted all of the files in Quotes folder and re-ran UpdatePSData. No errors occurred. However, when I go to the Portfolio slicer excel spreadsheet and the Quotes file, the data for dates 9/6/17 and 9/7/17 are missing. Also, stock ticker PREKF does not have any quotes after 9/5/17 in the Quotes file.
  • I just deleted the Quotes files again and the data in the PSData/Quotes file and reran UpdatePSData. No errors; however, when I opened the excel file, it gave me the following error:

Initialization of the data source failed.

Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again....

• So I am assuming that now you have quotes for dates 2017-09-06 and 0217-09-07.
    Please review your psConfig.txt file - you are requesting quotes for non existing symobls from Google financial website. For example, go to website http://finance.google.com and enter ^GSPTSE - you will not get any quotes!
    If you are just starting, please start with just 1-2 symbols - get quotes, enter data into Excel and make sure you can refresh.
    Most likely you Excel workbook is already corrupted. So get new Excel workbook and copy data over. Then attempt refresh.
    Note - you should not have more symbols in Quotes.csv file than in Excel Symbol table - when working with Portfolio Slicer please get quotes for few symbols, add same symbols to Excel workbook and then add few transactions for same symbols to transactions table. Then refresh. When all works, add few more symbols, refresh, etc.
  • I'll try this tonight. Thanks for your help.