Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated Scrpits. Getting one error

Hey,

I have deleted duplicate quotes and downloaded the latest scripts. I am, however, still getting one error. it is saying my GoogleWeb log file cannot be accesse becasue it is in use. I do have one stock that I am getting from googleweb.

Comments

• You probably have another script somewhere running/stopped in the memory. Can yo please try restarting your PC and run script again and see if you will get same error message?
  • I did a full restart but I am unfortunately getting the same error but this time with the log file for Yahoo Intraday. This doesn't seem to be a critical error but not sure what could be causing it.
  • Your first error was in the code AFTER all data was extracted and this script just was trying to write the final line into the log file. Can you post the new error message you are getting. If it is again error in the log output,then you can ignore. But - is there something special about your computer? Is it very old, or is it very new? Is it laptop? Are you storing your files in the cloud folder, like ondrive/gdrive/dropbox? If so, can you "pause" claud software and see if that helps? It is possible that if you have slow network, when you write into log drive, cloud software is trying upload file and locks it, so next write into file creates this error message. But, I am using dropbox for all my PS files and I never got such message.
  • I paused syncing on OneDrive and I no longer have the error. I'm running a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with a n i5 which is plenty fast. I have attached the last error I got which now is due to yet another log file being locked out.

I am having another issue however. The ReportCurrency slicer does not seem to work anymore for some reason. One thing it seems to be doing is when I select a given currency, on the holdings report, it will only show holdings based in that currency. It no longer shows me the total value of my holdings in the selected currency. The currency exchange files seem to be okay so I am not sure what could be causing the problem. The currency exchange chart on the daily tab is no no longer functioning as well.

I wish I was able to access the Data Model...

I have attached a couple screenshots with different report currency slicers selected.

• Regarding log locking - what is happening:
    1. The script writes few lines to the log and saves file.
    2. Onedrive finds there is an update and a) locks file b) starts uploading file c) unlocks file
    3. Script write additional like to the log. Tries to save it, but one drive still has a lock on the file while it is uploading the file. is it possible you have a slow internet connection?
    One solution for you would be to move out your scripts out of onedrive and then in psConfig.txt specify DataRootFolder somehwere in OneDrive and see if that works. But I am afraid that in your case having any files in OneDrive might cause problems. I myself use DropBox and did not have any issues like you.

Regarding you currency issue:
    1. Check if your PSData folder has error.txt file. If it is - it will list issues you have.
    2. Check your PSData\CurrencyConv.csv file and make sure you have latest dates, that is check if there are records with date 2017-09-29.
    3. Check your CurrExch\CAD_USD.txt file and other files in that folder. Make sure you have records with latest date, example 2017-09-29. If you do not, please check \Scripts\Log folder GetCurrExch-* files to see if you are getting any errors and if you are getting back up to date exchange data.
  • Hey Vidas,

I checked that I have no error.txt file.
    All my currency conversions have latest dates: October 2, 2017.
    I checked the Currency exchnage text files and they have latest dates as well. though they seem to be out of order. I'm not sure if the data model cares about that.

I have attached the log file for the script GetExchRates-Stooq. I can't really make sense of it but I got all the data so I'm not sure why there would be a problem.
  • Your currency exchange data is up to date. So there is something else happening. Is there any chance you can send me your Excel workbook? My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Thanks for the offer to look at my workbook. I just sent it over. Oh and yes, I do have a terrible internet connection which might be causing the log file to get locked up. I find OneDrive syncing slow as well so DropBox might prevent these errors in the future.