Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scripts don't work

I have upgraded PowerShell to version 4, the only version Microsoft allowed with my OS.
I am using Excel 2016 on Windows 7 Home Premium.
UpdatePSData doesn't seem to be able to find the other scripts in the Scripts folder. Please check attached paint file.
I am running PowerShell as administrator.
??????

Comments

• BigDave again. So, I ran UpdatePSData NOT as administrator and made some progress. I changed the name of the psConfig_Demo to psConfig and psConfig to another name so I could be sure I wasn't screwing something up. This time some folders were created albeit empty ones. The log file seems to indicate that the yahoo webpage where the data should be available isn't being found ("Not Found (web error))". I would include an image but that function is not working in "Comments" or so it appears.
  • Big Dave again. Several online forums are saying that ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv is no longer available. So, the scripts don't work for me. I am assuming then that Portfolio Slicer won't work for me without all these external data files. After all that work!
  • BigDave once again. Did some reading of posts by other users having trouble with the scripts which led me to check the version I had. It was not the version that was updated in Dec '17 but an earlier one. The new version works! Halleluja! My suggestion, Vidas, is to put a warning by the older scripts that they probably won't work anymore or don't make them available and then dummies like me won't try to use them.
  • Thanks for suggestion, I will see if I can add such warning!