Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Script errors

Help...I'm very new to Slicer. Loving what I see and have read so far.

I'm having an issue with the UpdatePSData script. My psConfig file has been updated with MinDate, defined the path to PSData folder, and have defined all the holdings in the Yahoo Finance section (all tickers have historical data at Yahoo, so no Google, etc. defined).

First time I get the following in the Error file within PSData folder:
Quotes.csv. First row (file header) should be 'Date Close Symbol' - ERROR. Actual value: 'Date,Close,Symbol'
Quotes.csv. Each row should have exactly two column separators (' ') - ERROR. Bad records bellow:

Above this, Dates.csv seems to have been created properly. Below these 2 lines, I do have my quotes for each day. And well below, I also see this: Quotes.csv. All rows should have 'Date' column in format YYYY-MM-DD - ERROR. Bad records bellow:

I've looked at my config file, and nothing seems to be different than what the online tutorial suggests. My current Quotes.csv file looks like this (despite the errors above):
Date Close Symbol
2012-12-31 37.130001 AWK

I tried again by deleting all folders in the root folder, recreating all config files, rerunning the batch file, and this time, my Dates.csv doesn't get created. All other errors were not there, and I didn't have Errors file in PSData.

Can someone shed some light on what might be an issue here?

Apologies for the long message. I wanted to give as much detail up front.

Comments

• In version 2.1 Quotes.csv file should had first string as Date,Close,Symbol', in 2.2 version this was changed to 'Date Close Symbol'.
    In version 2.2 in psConfig.txt file there should be parameter ColumnSeparator - please check - if there is no such parameter, then your psConfig file is from older version - you will need to add parameter - please read here.

Now go to place where you run script UpdatePSData.bat. Go to subfolder Scripts and open psConfig.txt.
    1. Write down parameter value for PSDataFolder. Double check this value. If value starts with #, that means it is not specified and default value is used. Default value is ..\PSData\.
    2. Check data in that folder. Double check if you are in the right folder.

If all looks good, you can send me your psConfig.txt file and then files from that folder where it was created - I'll check to see if there is anything suspicious. My email: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html

• That was the culprit. My batch file just ran without a single error!

Thanks for your help Vidas.