Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On Refresh Excel goes into "Not Responding"

I have been working on getting this to work: using stand alone Excel 2016, download all new file for website "Portfolio Slicer 2016","Scripts version 2.3.2" and followed the install directions. Did this several times and Excel hangs up. The current file - hangs up and then final update the date. The date on the sheets appear to be correct. Did follow the various checks that were found on the discussion board.

The psConfig file has only symbols in srcSymbol, checked the Quotes folder & psdate file appear to look good,when they run there are no errors. So after working on this with several different files to make sure that i did not miss anything on setup.
ScrSymbol: four symbols- cash, ^GSPC,^IXIC, APPL, only added AAPL and changed index to ^IXIC.
ScrTrans: the two original trans were not changed just changed the next two buy AAPL and dividend AAPL.
Using just one currency USD,
Symbol Allocation

and all left unchanged.
I am left to believe that something must not be set up right in Excel itself since it hangs up no matter what i do. Any suggest would be helpful since i would like to try to use the Portfolio Slicer

Comments

• Can you please send me your Excel file, psConfig.txt file and zip of all files (5) in c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData folder.
    My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html

Thanks.
  • Hi,

I can confirm that I can reporduce an issue on my computer
    0sec -30sec - Refresh is going OK
    30sec-80sec - Not responding
    80sec-120sec-Refresh finishes first pass, starts the second pass
    120sec-190sec-Not responding
    190sec-210sec - Refresh is going OK, finished the second pass

These "Excel not responding" parts should not be in this refresh and I am not sure what is happening.
    Can you please confirm if you had this issue from the moment you downloaded, or this started to happen just after some time? If so, do you remember if there was anything strange that you did?

I am investigating this further and I am trying to understand why this happened and how to address it, but I might need a few days.

• Yes i have had this problem since it was downloaded , and i downloaded again in case i did something to the file