Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchase Order/Capital Gains Issue

Hi Vidas,

I've only just started using your program to track my investments and I've come across a weird issue where a recent share purchase seems to have been considered a capital gain.

The list is sorted from newest at the top and oldest at the bottom. 4 transactions have taken place in the latest 5 days. A deposit of $4000 and a subsequent purchase of 3977 and a deposit of 600 and subsequent purchase of $592.35.

I see two issues, the account value should be the total value of cash + securities in the account (it changes from ~8k to ~4k when it should be ~8k). A subsequent issue is that the capital gain calculated should be the change in cash base (value minus trans cost) against the current value of the holding.

Is there an issue with my operation or are there limitations that I am unaware of?

Once again, great work in creating such a comprehensive and useful solution for free!!!

Comments

• Hi, can you send me your workbook? My email is posted on contact us page.
  • Hi, the issue seems to have rectified itself over the past two days. It seems to be an issue if the security is purchased and input within two days of the current day.
  • Hi,

It is not expected behavior - something else was causing the issue. As it fixed itself, the most likely issue was quotes - maybe there were not up to date. Another possibility - not up to date currency exchange rates. If you will see same issue again, switch currency to original and then check if you have quotes for specific symbols.