Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Symbols give Error when Refreshing.

Hi,

First of all a BIG Thank You for making this. I love this but am facing problems with some Symbols.

When I add the Buy transaction for the Symbol DM.V and GET.CN (both are on Yahoo and I have downloaded them in the quotes.csv), it gives me the error "Calculation error in measure 'Report'[Profit %]: An argument of the function 'LN' has the wrong data type or the result is too large or too small."

This is also happening with the Symbols LTV.V, CODE.CN, CYX.V, GEMC.V. The script runs successfully (green message) and they are available in the Quotes folder. Can you guide me with the next steps. I have other Symbols in the worksheet which have been added successfully such as BUDD.CN, ITT.V.

Thanks,
Amer

Comments

• Hi Amer,

This usually means that you do not have quotes for these symbols in some months. When quotes are missing, then for that month symbol total value goes to 0 and then later it comes back from 0 to large value. For these months calculation of [Profit %] or [Capital Gain %] is causing an error.
    To fix it for this quotes review their data file in Quotes subfolder and manually add quotes. You need to have at least one quote per month.
    You can read how quotes data are stored here: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/scripts/quotes-data.html
  • I will give this fix a try. Thank for the tip.
    If there is a Stock which is new. Like for example, they were introduced a month ago. Will that cause problems too since they have no historical data?

Thanks,
    Amer
  • If you had shares of the symbol in a month, then for that month you must have a quote. For any transaction, or month end summary result quotes are looked up from that day back 40 days.
    So no problems at all if you do not have quotes for symbols when you did not held them. It is actually recommended that you do not have quotes for symbols before first buy or after last sell, as Portfolio Slicer will work slightly faster.