Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to handle multiple currencies?

Hi,

I just discovered your portfolio, sounds nice, but I've an issue. I'm in Europe, so I have stocks in €, but I also invest in $ on one account. So I
I have one account, that I put in €.
For the transactions, I decided to put them in € or $ with an FX rates for the $ one. But when I check the holding tabs, the cost basis is calculated in €, but the valorization is in $.
What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• PS handles that without problems:
    - set proper account currency ( to €)
    - set proper symbol currency to $ or €
    - enter transaction amounts in the same currency as account currency.
    In such setup holding tab will calculate reports in selected reporting currency
  • Hi,

when you say "enter transaction amounts in the same currency as account currency", that means that for one account, the transaction should always be in the account currency?
    In the transactions sheet, I thought that I could have transactions in € or in $ (by using an FX rate) for the same account?

Thanks
  • For each Trans record Price and Fee colums can be converted using ExchRate column. But always check TotalAmnt column - that is amount in Account (!) Currency that this transaction will use for calculating for example cost basis.
  • ok, it's in line for Cost Basis, which is in line with the TotalAmnt (both in €), but in the holding, the Total Value is in $. What the issue?
  • In the Holdings report did you change reporting currency to € ?