Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sorting on holding sheet

Hi,

In previous version of the workbook I was able to set a filter on all columns and then sort. I like to sort on various columns as way to study some of my holdings. Can anyone explain why I now cannot set a filter on the columns past "symbol name". See picture.

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• When you highlight all your column headers (Just Row "1" of the table), is the "Filter" button active up in the Excel Toolbar? Activating this button should bring back your Column filtering features.

• Its greyed out.
  • edited September 2018
    When you select a column header within a Table, , you should be able to activate the "Filtering" (or sorting) feature, by selecting the large "Filter" button. (I am calling the blue cell with the Column Variable name "the Column header")
  • Select arrow next to Symbol, then sort by, then choose column tgat is measure
  • Thanks Vidas I understand now. Question though: it would seem much easier to just have the filters on top of each column. I have done this in past versions. Any way to allow in this ver 2.4.05
  • There are 2 types of columns: attributes (usually text: Symbol, SymbolName) or measures (usually numbers: Qty Held, Cost Basis, etc).
    Even in Excel 2010, you can sort just by attributes - next to the attribute header you will see an arrow that after pressing, will give you options for "Sort A to Z", "Sort Z to A" and "More Sort Options". I do not believe you were ever able to sort just by pressing on column header for measures. Mayby you are thinking about sorting in PowerBI?
    This is not Portfolio Slicer specific, this is pure Excel functionality.