Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holdings Tab

Hi. I'd like to know if I have any manner to add a new column to the holding tab or if this might become a future enhancement?

The column/value I'd like to see is say "time owned" where it would show a value of 0Y, 0M, 0D based on first-buy-date-ever for example. In the past, in another spreadsheet, I've used a cell formula combination of datedif and today().

Comments

• Hi,

For Report table you can add new measure with formula (just Year and month parts, I ignored day part as it was more complicated):
    Time Owned = DATEDIFF([First Buy Date Ever], LASTDATE('Dates'[Date]),YEAR) & "Y " & MOD(DATEDIFF([First Buy Date Ever], LASTDATE('Dates'[Date]),MONTH), 12) & "M "

Do you know how to add new DAX measure? If no, let me know your Excel version.
  • I'm using excel 2016
  • In Excel 2013/2016 full PowerPivot support is available just in some versions - please read more here: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/docs/excel2013-powerpivot.html
    If your Excel version has full PowerPivot support, then steps for adding new measure are:
    1. Go to Holdings tab, select any cell inside holdings report.
    2. From menu Choose "PowerPivot" and then click on the button "Measures" and then "New Measure"
    3. Choose "Table name" as "Report", enter "Measure Name" as "Time Owned" and enter formula:

4. New measure will be created and added to the Holdings report. You can add it manually to any other report by selecting "Time Owned" measure from "Report" table.

If you do not have full PowerPivot support in your Excel version, then you cannot add new calculations.