Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loads of error

First off thank you for the amazing work for giving the community a such a great tool.

I have filled out the excel v2.3 workbook fully, which worked fine until it didn't.

I have an error message during running the scripts, which came out of nowhere.

The second "error" happens when I start the workbook.

I tried to migrate from v2.3 to v2.4, but I failed completely. I am not sure how to do it in a right way, but a simple copy-paste strategy did not do it. Could you point me a thread where it is might be discussed how can I migrate properly?

First I'd like to address these, after I might ask for help to set up dividends tracking, because I was failed to do so.

Many thanks

Comments

• It appears that you are using old scripts. XEIntraday script is not used anymore. So first thing that you have to do - download updates scripts and use them. After you will run data update please post here if Excel still have issues.
    Regarding Excel error - when you copied data from 2.3 to 2.4, you did not do "Copy Data" so your new workbook has links to your old workbook. This page has section that explains how to copy data:
    http://portfolioslicer.com/docs/upgrade.html
    So download new 2.4 empty workbook and update it, but use "Copy data" method.
  • Hi Vidas,

Thank you for your quick reply. I've tried to update and (I hope) did exactly what was on the linked page. It solved my old errors, but got some new :)

These are when I tried to refresh the workbook, after copied every data from my old one.
    a.png 9.3K
  • You can get this error when calculation of [Profit %] cannot be completed because:
    - You have missing quotes for the symbol - for example one month symbol value is 100, next no quotes, so 0 and then 110. Please also make sure that you have quote for symbols that are used as Indexes.
    - You have transactions that are not in order - for example first you sell symbol, then buy. Or first get dividends for symbol, then buy symbol.

Check your data and if you cannot find this error, then you'll have to send me your workbook and all files from PSData folder - I'll investigate.
    My email is posted here: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • This is how I do these investigations:
    1. Make a copy of workbook.
    2. Remove worksheets from Overview right, except "Mthly-Symbol"
    3. Refresh workbook. If there is an error during refresh, then remove "PRofit %" from this "Mthly-Symbol" pivot table. If there are errors in other measures - remove them too.
    4. Switch "REport Currency" to "*original" and go symbol by symbol and see for any anomalies - missing months data, etc.
    5. Switch to your "Reporting Currency" and do the same as in previous step.
  • I was able to refresh the workbook without any error message.

yaaay

Not that fast obv :) now an other problem's occurred, which I've never come across. On the overview tab it shows as capital gain what I've bought new etfs this year. So basically it just calculate it as "end value-start value" as capital gain, even though I just bought new funds.

On the monthly tab it shows correctly at the bottom (last 12 mth symbols listed), but shows incorrectly at the top, where it should show the aggregate monthly result.

If you want me to send it to have a look, if it is easier for you, just let me know.

Many thanks Vidas.
  • Yes, you can send me your workbook. But first check that you have quotes for these symbols at the month you bought them.