Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daily Gain Total for a Newly Acquired Stock

Hello, I recently acquired a new stock and when I look at the daily tab to see it's daily gain and loss, the first 9 days listed are blank (which is correct since I didn't hold the stock at that point) and the next 3 days correctly show the gain/loss of the stock on that day. What is strange is the total column that appears to include the cost of the stock in the total daily gain. Once the stock is older than 12 days the total appears to be correct.

The same scenario does not seem to occur in the Monthly or Yearly tab. Is this a bug or have i done something wrong? Screenshot below.

Comments

• Sorry meant to also post I am using version XL16 v2.4.08
  • Hi,
    As a first step - could you please confirm that you bought this symbol on 2019-01-28 and not a day before - please check transactions. And then please check quotes.csv and confirm that you have a quote for that symbol on the day you bought this symbol.
  • Hi Vidas, your first thoughts were correct. I inadvertently posted the buy transaction on 2019-01-27 which is a Sunday. Once I corrected this the daily gain totals are correct.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark