Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning - incorrect exchange rate for 2016-07-29

I noticed that for 2016-07-29 Bank of Canada provided incorrect exchange rate for some currency pairs. For example CAD to USD exchange rate was correct - 0.7668, but USD to CAD exchange rate was 1. This incorrect data had a significant impact on results. To see if you are affected go to "Daily" worksheet and check "Daily Portfolio Movements" reports "Exch Impact" value for that day.
To recover from this issue: go to CurrExch\ folder and open files affected (for example USD_CAD.txt, EUR_CAD.txt, go to the end of the file and find line with values for 2016-07-29 and change value to correct value. To find correct value is best to open the file that does different direction conversion (CAD_USD.txt, CAD_EUR.txt), find the value for 2016-07-29 and calculate conversion value by using formula 1/rate. So in my file CAD_USD.txt has the exchange rate of 0.7668, so int USD_CAD.txt file I updated value to 1.3041 (1/0.7668)