Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash Balance for Allocation calculations?

edited August 2016 in General
Hi, I'm attempting to use PS to balance my holdings across all accounts.
To do this I'm using the Allocation table and put each holding name in the Allocation column with the percent I'd like to hold in the Target Column.
This works great but I'm stumbling on one issue.

I don't want to go back through time and put every cash transaction ever done into the srcTrans tab, It seems this is what you'd have to do to make "Track Cash" work correctly.
I do want to use my current cash holdings to maintain proper target position weightings.

I thought of maybe making a stock called CASH and adding my own pricing file with the price always set to $1.00 but it's an ugly hack.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

You should add just one initial deposit transaction into each account with the earliest date. Put 10000$ into this. After you add all your symbols and refresh you will have some cash balance in each account as well. Then go back to each deposit and adjust it to amount so that your current deposit amount would be equal to what you have.

Lets say you add 100000 as initial deposit.
    You then add transaction to buy 100 shares of Microsoft for 40$, that is 4000$. After refresh PS will show cash balance of 96000, but you supposed to have just 7000$. So you go back and make initial deposit not a 10000, but : 100000-(96000-7000) = 11000.