Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Starting

I'm very impressed with Portfolio Slicer demo and just about to start setting up my data. Ive a few questions before I start please

- I am looking to use Power BI in future once the Excel is ready to go, so I can view on my mobile and ipad. Do I need to save the Excle file to onedrive?
- I notice there are some scripts for populating dividends, if I use the scripts can I also amend and/or populate dividends manually

Apologies if this is covered in documentation, but just want to make sure I set up in the best way before I go to far in one direction

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,

At this point in time there is no requirement to have files on OneDrive. I did suggest that in my documentation because:
    1. I hoped that Microsoft will implement PowerBI feature where if files are on OneDrive, then you do not need to use "Power BI Gateway". This feature is not fully implemented by Microsoft yet and I have no idea if it ever will be implemented.
    2. It is very good idea to save your files in some "cloud storage" in case your data gets corrupted or accidentally deleted.

If you start to use automatically generated dividends, Portfolio Slicer will work slower - sometimes refresh will takes twice as much time. But yes, you can do for some symbols manually and for other ones use scripts - this will work without problems.
  • Thanks for your prompt reply Vidas, I'll start populating the data and see what happens