Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daily Currency Exchage Rate

I have a CAD/USD portfolio. In the "Daily" tab, the chart "Daily Currency Exchage Rate", display the CAD/USD value (currently 1.28xxxx). I would like to display the USD/CAD value (currently 0.77xxxx). Is this currently possible with 2.3, how ?

:smile:

Comments

• Hi,

In the Daily worksheet if you go to the right far enough (column AI5), you will see Pivot Table that is used to build this report. There is a filter for CurrencyID = 2 - that is probably USD currency and CurrencyID = 1 probably your CAD currency).
    If you have Excel 2010 or Excel 2013/2016 with full PowerPivot support (you see PowerPivot menu) then you can easily edit measure "Exch Rate to Primary" - I believe it is used just in this report.
    So you could change formula from:
    =IF(NOT(HasOneValue(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency])), Blank()
    	, IF(VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]) = CALCULATE(VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]), ReportCurrency[CurrencyID]=1)
    		, Blank()
    		, CALCULATE(AVERAGE(CurrencyConv[ExchRate])
    			, FILTER(ALL(CurrencyConv[CurrencyTo]), CurrencyConv[CurrencyTo] =VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]))
    			, FILTER(ALL(CurrencyConv[CurrencyFrom]), CurrencyConv[CurrencyFrom] = CALCULATE(VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]), ReportCurrency[CurrencyID]=1, ALL(ReportCurrency)))
    		  )
    	  )
    )
    to formula
    =IF(NOT(HasOneValue(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency])), Blank()
    	, IF(VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]) = CALCULATE(VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]), ReportCurrency[CurrencyID]=2)
    		, Blank()
    		, CALCULATE(AVERAGE(CurrencyConv[ExchRate])
    			, FILTER(ALL(CurrencyConv[CurrencyTo]), CurrencyConv[CurrencyTo] =VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]))
    			, FILTER(ALL(CurrencyConv[CurrencyFrom]), CurrencyConv[CurrencyFrom] = CALCULATE(VALUES(ReportCurrency[ReportCurrency]), ReportCurrency[CurrencyID]=2, ALL(ReportCurrency)))
    		  )
    	  )
    )
    And then in the Pivot Table I talked about above you would change filter condition to CurrencyID = 1.

What version of Excel do you have and do you have PowerPivot full support?

• Excel 2016 with full powerpivot support :)
  • In Excel 2016:
    PowerPIvot->Measures->Manage Measures-> Select "Exch Rate Impact"-> Edit. In the formula bar enter formula from above.

Refresh and you are done.
  • Thanks for the quick followup Vidas,

I modified the formula as instructed but then the graph simply disappeared along with the value in column AI5. Do i need to modify psConfig.txt or similar to get USD/CAD instead of CAD/USD ?
  • YOu should already have CAD->USD and USD-CAD rates - you could double check in the file.
    You should also change filter for that report from "CurrencyID : 2" to "CurrencyID: 1"
  • changing the filter to 1 did the trick, thanks a lot for the great support :)