Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

two issue related to canadian mutual funds

Hello:
I have two problems related to canadian mutual funds:
1. It seems google finance does not provide dividend/distribution information. I add ",,,,y" in my configuration file, but the dividend information cannot be downloaded
2. Yahoo finance does provide dividend/distribution information. however, it does not have detailed historical data for some canadian mutual funds, for example, Mawer Global Small Cap A (MAWERMONDIAL.TO), a lot of historical data are missing and that cause problem in the slice.
That results in the dilemma, google has complete historical data but not dividend, Yahoo has dividend but not complete quota history.

One more questions here:
is that possible to have the portfolio slicer to automatically do distribution buy for mutual fund? (i.e., when there is a distribution from mutual fund, automatically add a line of distribution buy at the "srctrans" tab? The document suggests that there is a DRIP mode, but I cannot find anywhere how this could be done automatically. automatically doing distribution buy will be important for people holding monthly income funds.

Thank you for the help.

Comments

• Hi,

1. You are right - Google finance does not provide dividend information. Just symbols from Yahoo finance website can be used for automatic dividend extraction.
    2. Google finance has many more quotes for canadian mutual funds.

And you are right about dilemma - google has quotes and yahoo dividend payments. Unfortunatelly, there is no easy solution for that. So my suggestion is to get quotes from Google and enter dividend information manually.
    Portfolio Slicer at this point does not support DRIP for generated dividends - this will be reviewed when Microsoft will add recursive calculation to DAX language that is used by Portfolio Slicer.

Regards,