Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Geting quotes from www.investing.com

Hi , We here in Egypt Market the only site showing daily and historical quotes is investing.com . I tried to edit the scripts to work on it with no luck
Here is an example for one of my stock
https://www.investing.com/equities/telecom-egypt-historical-data

Can someone fix the script to get quotes from investing.com instead of yahoo or Google for emerging markets users like me ?

Comments

• I am not sure if a script will work. This site doesn't seem to offer an API that can be used.

An alternative may be to manage your own quotes. I have several investments for which I have not been able to find a download source. For these I get quotes manually from whatever source I can find (like yours for ETEL). There is information at http://www.portfolioslicer.com/data/file-quotes.html on how to do this.

I have also had some success in "screen scraping" quotes using Excel's Get and Transform Data > From Web. I use it once a month to scrape the daily quotes for the month. This approach is useful when the site doesn't have a download function (or it costs a lot of money to use).
  • Thanks GreigH, Finally I downloaded the quotes historical data manually and updated Quotes.csv as mentioned in the link above but I wish if there is a script to update it daily
  • As Yahoo becomes more and more unreliable for historical quotes I've put together a powershell script which can download historical quotes for up to 30 days from investing.com and can be used with Portfolio Slicer, but is has a lot of ifs and buts in using it. As Greig said, the site does not have an API and uses a non-standard naming convention for urls and quotes, so I'm just scraping the table on the historical download page for any specific fund/etf. I would not recommend anyone to use this script if you're not at least somewhat comfortable with editing powershell scripts. However, I've been using this now for 4 ETF's for a couple of months now and it works just fine. If anyone is interested please let me know, then i can tidy up my messy scripting and post it here ;).

And as this is my first post here, although I've been using the tool for about a year now: huge amount of kudos to Vidas for putting together this amazing tool. Much obliged!
  • Hans,

Could you send me your script - I will see if I can use logic or if Maxim can take it as a base for one more source script.

Thank you!

My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • I've just sent you an email Vidas, I hope it's of some use. Thank YOU! :)
  • Hi Vidas,

Good Day..! Are you working on getting quotes from investing.com?

Thanks, Srini
  • Hi Vidas,

Good Day..! Are you working on getting quotes from investing.com?

Thanks, Srini
  • Srini,

Sorry - but no work is done right now on investing.com and currently there are no plans.