Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PowerPivot Refresh All Fails

Hello,

I am new to Portfolio Slicer and am in the process of setting up the excel file. I have successfully configured the config files and generated all quotes required. However, when I open the PowerPivot Window and select Refresh All, it fails with the error pasted below.

When I look at the connection details, they are:
Server Name: oaxa472oy7.database.windows.net,1433
Database Name: PortfolioSlicer

I am using Portfolio Slicer for Excel 2010.

Thank you.....Mark

The operation failed because the source database does not exist, the source table does not exist, or because you do not have access to the data source.

More Details:

OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; TCP Provider: No such host is known.
; 08001.

A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'a2fceb12-5ad3-42c5-902a-f55f6764eb07', Name of 'PSAzure'.

An error occurred while processing table 'Dates'.

The operation failed because the source database does not exist, the source table does not exist, or because you do not have access to the data source.

More Details:

OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; TCP Provider: No such host is known.
; 08001.

A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'a2fceb12-5ad3-42c5-902a-f55f6764eb07', Name of 'PSAzure'.

Comments

• Hi,

It appears you are using very old version of Excel file that about 2-3 years ago used to connect to that server, but now it should connect just to external files on your PC. Did you just download this file now from PortfolioSlicer.com? Here is direct link to download file - http://www.portfolioslicer.com/download/v2.3/PortfolioSlicerV2.3-XL10.zip.
  • Thank you!

That is strange because I know I downloaded the latest, however, I also know i downloaded it a few years ago and must have inadvertently used the old version.

It is working now.

Thanks again....Mark