Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holdings not displayed

I've entered a bunch of transactions and the tool works great! Just one issue... I have three different accounts, each with a number of holdings/transactions. Information looks to be calculated correctly on all tabs except Holdings. Only one of the three accounts is displayed there. I have all the filters turned off (with the exception of currency) and have run multiple data refreshes of the UpdatePSData.bat file as well as within the spreadsheet itself. As a test I recoded one of my transactions from an account that isn't showing up to the account that is and after refreshing the Trans connection, it still didn't show up on the Holdings tab, but did on the TransInfo tab. Not sure if it's coincidence, but only the first account I created is the one showing up in Holdings.

Comments

• Hi,

From my exprience Holdings show incorrect data when:
    1. You have transactions on dates before MinDate. Solution - check transactions Date and then MinDate in Excel Config table (src worksheet) and psConfig.txt configuration file.
    2. You have filters selected in slicer that prevents you from seeing symbols. Solution - disable all slicer filters. You said you already checked that.
    3. You selected ReportCurrency slicer value, but do not have currency exchange data. Solution - for ReportCurrency select "*Original*" currency and see if that helps.
    4. You have no quotes information, so total value is 0 and symbol because of that is not in holdings list. You can temporary (!) remove filter to see if that is the case. To remove filter select filter button next to column Symbol header, then choose -> Value Filters -> Clear filter.

If none of that works, please send me your workbook and I'll investigate. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html

• edited February 2017
    Hi,

In Holdings report you had filter on SymbolName. Select filter icon next to header "SymbolName", then "Clear Filter from SymbolName" and all should be good.
  • Yup, that was it. Thanks.
  • I've same problem with Holdings and I can't fix it. At last I clear all filters.
  • Pepe - send me your workbook and I'll investigate. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Pepe,

Thank you for sending me your workbook. Here are issues I see:
    1. In your psConfig.txt you specified custom location (parameter ) where to place external data files "d:\....". But Excel workbook connections were not changed and your Excel file still expects external data files from c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData location. If you have full PowerPivot in your Excel, you can change file location as per this document: http://portfolioslicer.com/docs/excel2013-change-data-location.html. Otherwise, you need to change psConfig.txt file parameter PSData back to default value and re-run .bat file to place data there. I believe this is the main reason why your refresh fails.
    2. Your Excel workbook is configured to track cash (src worksheet, table Config, parameter TrackCash), but you have not added "deposit" transaction before "Buy" transaction.

If you will fix these issues, you should be able to refresh without problems.
  • Hi, I'm trying to add a second account but all new transactions not showing in all tab of the worksheet. I check the path for powerpivot and I check for the filter (I have the problem in Dashboard, Holding, etc). Here some screenshot. Thanks !!
  • Markus,

First of all - in Holdings report under "Year" slicer you have value "(vide)" - that indicates to me that you have dates (most likely in transactions, but could be in quotes or currency exchange) that do not exists in Date table - that is before MinDate or in the future. Start with reviewing that.
    If all looks good, could you please send me your workbook and content of PSData folder and I'll investigate.
  • I check all date and it's look like ok. I will send you all file. Thanks. Maybe because I use french excel version.
  • edited February 2017
    Markus,

Where did you get scripts and psConfig.txt file? Specifically, your psConfig.txt file is older version without parameters that were introduced into 2.3 version:
    #ColumnSeparator values could be : Comma, Tab, VerticalBar
    <ColumnSeparator>
    Tab
    </ColumnSeparator>
    #DecimalSeparator: Default value is . (dot), in some countries this could be , (comma)
    <DecimalSeparator>
    </DecimalSeparator>
    Your generated files in PSData folder all have < as decimal separator AND that folder does not have REQUIRED schema.ini file that is generated by latest version of scripts. Or maybe in the .zip file you include PSData folder files that are not from c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData?

Do you remember what page/link you used to download these scripts?

To fix this:
    1. Fix psConfig.txt file by adding above listed parameters.
    2. Re-run .bat file
    3. Check files in c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData folder - do they have correct decimal separator?
    4. Try to refresh Excel workbook.

• Thank you Vidas.

I´m changesed file location and this plan works. But when I´m start refresh data next time the Excel let me know that PivotTable have some errors. I´m used site http://www.portfolioslicer.com/docs/refresh-issues.html to fix issue. But I´m couldn't make it.

Pepe
  • Pepe,

So now you have situation where most likely some filters that were setup are gone due to previous refresh issues. You can either go through each worksheet and add back filters - that is usually change value from "All" to "Yes". If you are not sure, you can send me your workbook and PSData folder content.
  • Pepe,

Thank you for sending me your workbook again.
    If you will go to very last worksheet "T1135" it has 2 reports - one on top of each other. These reports were designed with expectation that Year slicer will always be selected. In your case "Year" slicer is not selected so these reports would overlap each other if refresh would succeed. To fix all you have to do - select Year slicer and you will be able to refresh data.
    This is poor design from my side and I will fix this in the next release. Thank you for reporting this!