Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

srcTrans Data Entry

I am a dividend growth investor and have been using Portfolio Slicer to track my portfolio for a few months now and find the application tremendously helpful. Today, I tried to enter a new line in srcTrans (I have 176 rows already entered) and found that it does not update my holdings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Comments

• Hi,

1. Did you add transaction for the new symbol? If so, please make sure that you added the symbol to psConfig.txt and you have quotes for that symbol. Make sure that new symbol currency is specified.
    2. Is transaction date in the future? Like you bought symbol and buy date is today, but settlement date is in 3 business days. To fix, you must use valid date that is not in the future.

Most likely issue is 1 or 2. If not, you can send me your workbook and content of your PSData folder and I'll investigate.
  • Vidas,
    Thank you for your quick response. I had entered all of the historical data with no problem. This time it was a current transaction and yes I was using the settlement date..problem fixed.