Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

transactions not updating

In my workbook, there have been no changes but I have added 4 new transactions and they are not updating for some reason? What should I look at to determine what's the issue. I cannot find anything wrong.

Comments

• 1. What version of Excel are you using?
    2. Are you getting any error during refresh?
    3. Do you see latest date records in date table?
  • I think I might be experiencing something similar as well. The last two transactions I've entered get their totals updated in the srcTrans tab but when I do a refresh and check my holdings it doesn't get reflected there. I also get a "blank" year showing up in the Year table and Symbol allocation shows similar.

Now the interesting part is that these transactions have dates of Feb 27, 2017. If I back date them to anything prior to Feb 21, 2017 they work fine and are updated properly in the Holdings tab.

I'm running Excel 2016, no errors when doing a refresh other than showing "blank" in some of the tables.

I can provide screenshots or my spreadsheet if it will help in troubleshooting.
  • Blank values in "year" means that somewhere there are dates that do not exists in Dates tables.
    So you might have date in one of the tables:
    Transactions
    Quotes
    Currency Conv

First thing - check c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData\Dates.csv files. Check when files was created - this will tell you if .bat files created this file when you expected. Then open file and go to the end - do you see if there are date values with todays date?
  • In the Dates.csv file, I see dates all the way until Feb 20, 2017. Nothing after that. The file was created on Feb 12, 2017 and last modified on Feb 20, 2017.
  • Hi, so you need to:
    1. Run UpdatePSData.bat file. This will update your external data files. You need to run this file every time before refreshing Excel data file.
    2. Refresh execel workbook. This will load external data files into Excel and merge it with transaction/symbol data from Excel file.

• Thanks Vidas! That did the trick and my holdings are showing correctly now.
  • All good now. Thanks!
  • The holdings tab in the PowerBI file only shows purchase of an Index, which is not in my transactions. Not sure where the error is, any pointers?
  • Please ignore previous comment -- there are several discussion threads on this. Vidas in a previous thread had asked to check for 4 things and it turned out that I had not included quote information and because of that, the scrip was not in holdings list. Kudos to Vidas. Thanks