Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

script file update

Hello Vidas; So, the last time I updated my portfolio was Dec 2016 ( I just run updates around 4 times a year, a little behind) and it all worked. I am running V2.3.xl13 and noticed from other discussions that you indicated that Yahoo is no longer providing quotes and you provided a link to an updated script. I downloaded the most recent script...June 4th version and when I run these they are completely red. I am thinking that I have to update my psConfig.txt file as to where to pull the quotes now...is this right? Any other major changes that I need to be concerned about?
thanks so much;

Comments

• Iwith new scripts you need to move from Yahoo symbols to Google. That means you need to change psconfig.txt and then Excel Symbol, SymbolSector, SymbolAlias and Transactions tables.
    But you shoyld not be getting any red errors messages anyway, so could you please post error messages.
  • Ok, so wondering if this is because I have not quotes requests existing under Google right now; only Yahoo and Googleweb. Here is a print screen of part of the psupdate file. I have not gone in and changed anything yet but will get this done today and rerun and let you know. thanks

• Hi Renee,

Error message you are getting tells that script is not found. This happens when you copy .bat file out of location where Scripts are. So go into folder where your .bat file is. In that folder you should see Scripts subfolder. Then execute .bat file - you should not be getting these error messages then.
    In your psConfig.txt file, all symbols from Yahoo section you will have to move either into Google or GoogleWeb section.
  • Right; first I updated all the symbols in both the source table and in transaction table and moved almost everything to googleweb from yahoo in the psdata update file and I was able to run the script file and it was clean. But, all I am getting now is my cash balance only in each account; no equities. I checked the quotes.csv file and there are no quotes in it; only the GSPC & GSPTSE information. So, I am doing something else wrong.

thanks for your help
  • Hello Vidas;
    I figured it all out; my folder had 2 scripts subfolders; I deleted it all and downloaded them again and everything worked. thanks