Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding Index Return Info To Dashboard?

First off, let me say this tool is awesome! It is unbelievable how great it is to review your portfolio and see reports reflecting so many attributes. Couple that with the ability to break it out by the account/portfolio, it is very powerful. Love the management fee too. I used to track this myself for all my holdings. But to have this available and see both estimated dollars and a personalized expense ratio is fantastic. I would think this would open some eyes on how much people are spending for their investments.

Ok, ok. On with my suggestion or question if someone can help. I don't use the Exchange Rate Impact fields on the dashboard and would like to replace these fields with the Index, ^GSPC. I know the data must be somewhere, but after looking for a while I figured it would be faster to post.

Thanks again for such an great product!

Comments

• Hi Timga,

I am glad you like PS and thanks for the kind words!

In Report table there are fields [Market 1 Index Return %] and [Market 2 Index Return %] that could be used to show market index returns. In Dashboard worksheet somewhere on the right add new pivot with this measure and probably you will also need to add filters - for example - Date[Years-Current]=Yes and then use Excel functionality to show cells from that pivot table in the dashboard, example = Z1.

Next version of PS will have better handling of comparing your returns to index returns. I am still working on this functionality.
  • Awesome. Thanks so much.