Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Script for Renaming

Hi Vidas,

I realise the way Yahoo and Google operate are completely outside your control and I really appreciate the work you and Maxim do to keep the downloads working.

I've updated my portfolio slicer so the Symbol is the letters only, so instead of LON:HSBA or HSBA.L I have HSBA, this makes the charts and tables in portfolio slicer much easier to read.

However, it would be very useful if the rename section in the PSconfig script could be updated to include multiple old quotes to allow for both Google and yahoo. So the format of this rename section would be something like

OldSymbol,OldSymbol,NewSymbol

Is this possible please?

Thank you again for not only this excellent file but the ongoing support you provide

Comments

• I believe existing rename option would let you do what you want. If you would currently specify
    ABC,X
    CDE,X

This would rename ABC to X and then would rename CDE to X.

Actual rename works in the sequence you listed in the psConfig.txt file and just renames one string with another. Limitation is that just whole symbol string is renamed. Please try to do what you want and see if that works.
  • Ok, Thank you