Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Different allocation strategy by Account

Hi,

First of all, I was very impress by the work done and find it very useful.

Though I am facing a challenge, I have different investment target allocation by account (for example I have a long term account heavy in share and another one more heavy in Bond as more cautious), I tried to see if I can alter your file to be able to get the current allocation VS target allocation by account but I am struggling.

Do you have an idea on how I could do this ?

Thanks

Tof

Comments

• There is no way to specify allocation by account.
    Few options would be:
    - use 2 different versions of Portfolio Slicer - one for Bonds and another for stocks.
    - what if you introduce multiple allocations for the same type, for example "Bonds Long" and "Bonds Short", or another example "Canadian Long" and "Canadian Short". This would work if symbols are different between Long and Short accounts.
  • Thanks Vidas, I like your second option, it not necessary as elegant as having different allocation by account but it will work for sure. I am ashamed i didn't think about it myself :smile:

Thanks
  • Hi,

I just realized that it may not be so simple, as I am investing into funds as well.. it become tricky... I found a solution by doing multiple file (one per portfolio) but it defeat a bit the purpose of having everything under the same roof...