Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dividend reinvestments

I generate dividends through the script automatically and add dividend reinvestments manually using DRIP transaction. No cash impact but will this generate double counting?

Comments

• I am copying reply to same question in another thread:

I would stop using Generated Dividends as future Portfolio Slicer versions will not support them due to the lack of free easily accessable dividend data. Best recommendation would be to enter your dividend transactions manually - anyone can build Excel workbook that would help create these dividend transactions.
    If you are entering DRIP manually and then also using generated dividends, that would create double counting. If you trust existing generated dividends data, you could manually just add BuyTA transactions that would specify number of shares bought and total amount paid.
  • That is a lot of manual div data to enter every month (All my stocks pay dividends and I have more than 70 in two portfolios). Where do you see the issue with free easily accessible div data? Yahoo seems to work quite well and has all the free div data I need.
  • I will see if I can include dividend transaction generation in external PowerShell script.
  • That would be great. Thanks.