Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grand Total on Daily Tab Not Correct for a Select Few Symbols

Hello, I just updated my prices using the scripts and when I look at the Daily tab, the first 4 Symbols in the "Last 12 Day value change by symbol" table have incorrect totals. From what I can tell the individual day amounts appear to be correct but the grand total for each symbol is incorrect...almost by a factor of 2. Starting with the 5 symbol in the list, the totals appears to be correct.

The symbol was purchased on June 8th. Any ideas why the math isn't working?

Comments

• Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue.
    What is your first quote date for that symbol?
    Please double check that your purchase date is not Jun 5th - I see green color at the bottom for that day, but possible is from the symbol below.
    Can you please confirm that you have quotes from the same day you first bought this symbol - please double-check that.
    Optional - If your first quote for that symbol is for Jun 8th, can you please try manually add a quote for June 5th (Friday). Here is info on how quotes are stored on your PC: https://www.portfolioslicer.com/scripts/quotes-data.html

If above does not help, can you wait for 2 days until you have quotes for ALL days in the table and see if that fixes this problem? Please let me know if after 2 days the problem is gone.
  • Thanks Vidas. I'll admit with the markets being somewhat stable over the past few weeks or perhaps I've become immune to the volatility, I haven't updated the spreadsheet since this happened. I opened it up this morning and can confirm:
    1. first quote for the symbol (BMO.TO) in the quotes directory is 2012-03-01 (the start date for my file)
    2. However, i noticed i used June 6th as the purchase date which is a Saturday. Perhaps this is what caused the issue.

I don't have time right now to change the date and re-try this but, the given I did this a few weeks ago it won't appear on the daily tab since it only goes 12 days back.

I'll let you know if I see any other anomalies.

Mark