Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allocation graph

I added "Bonds" to my Allocation Table in the src worksheet and also to the srcSymbol worksheet in the Allocation Column.
But the Allocation Graph in the Overview tab does not pick up Bonds and only shows US Broad, Global Dev and Cash.
I can not Add Data to the graph in the Select Data Source Window. Seems like it is locked.
How to add "Bonds" to the graph? Thanks.

Comments

• 1. Do you see Bonds allocation in "Overview" worksheet, "ALlocation Targer" report (C11 cell)?
    2. Do you see Bonds allocation in "Overview" worksheet, FAR RIGHT (!) pivot table cell AO13 ?
    3. Can you go to "Data" menu, "Connections", find Allocation connection and force refresh, does that help?
    4. Do you refresh data by doing Data->"Refresh All"->"Refresh All" ?
  • Yes on 1.
    No on 2. How to add "Bond" to this table? It is missing.
    No on 3.
    Yes on 4.
  • edited July 2020
    What you see in the chart comes from AO13 pivot table. Please make sure there are no filters on that pivot table. Does Grand Total value on that "Allocation" reports shows values that matches your current holdings total value?
  • No filters set under Row Labels and Bond is missing; Grand Total is missing the Bond holdings so it does not match.
    I tried to change the Data Source but it is greyed out.
  • As you see "Bonds" in "Overview" worksheet, "ALlocation Targer" report (C11 cell), you actually properly loaded "Bonds" record into Allocation table, but it appears that there are actually no total amounts values for "Bonds".
    So can you please confirm:
    1. In "Overview" worksheet, "Allocation Targer" report (C11 cell) you can see "Bonds" Target %", but "Actual %" is empty.
    2. IN Holdings tab when you select Symbol Allocation "Bonds" you get empty result set.

If above is true, then you have to focus on why Bonds symbol comes back with 0 total amount.
    Most likely causes are:
    1. Misspelled "Bonds" allocation in Symbol table
    2. You do not have quotes for last 30 days for the SYmbol that has "Bonds" allocation, so total value for that symbol is Blank() and that is why you do not see it in "HOldings" or "Allocation chart.
  • Yes, it was the last issue. No recent quotes for Bond symbol. I am still entering historical data and am in 2018. Bond prices must be entered manually I and I had not gotten to 2020 June, the most recent statement date. I also was focused on the Allocation Pivot table AO11 which did not show Bond values. Didn't know that the Pivot table is dynamically updated with new data. No need to change source data.

Oh well, still learning as I go. Thanks so much for all your help - even on weekends. Could not do this project without it. Where do you find the time for this level of support?