Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Set up

Hi everyone;

Just started exploring the template:

1. I have quite a lot of historical transactions, from 31 December 2015 to date, (I would like to have 5 years history), is there a efficient way of updating the historical trade details line by line - ie using a excel template that one can append.

2. i use brokers largely in three countries but they dont only hold one currency, in the groupings, so i tend to manage portfolio's by by toggle between share alone and or broker (with their respective holdings below), how is the best way to group here as it seems you have to select account by currecy

3. i have broker fees not management fees, so fees are broker specific rather than share specific..... any suggestions

Comments

• 1. I started with 10 years of data. I loaded almost every dividend transaction and it was a lot of them. I did first everything in Excel workbook that closely match PortfolioSlicer source transaction data and then copy data over. My suggestion - start with latest year, enter transactions, make sure all works and JUST AFTER YOU ARE HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING, put an effort to load more years data.
    2. Most likely you want to utilize Account table columns like "Account Group 1..3", and/or Portfolio and or Tax. But you have to try and see what works for you.
    3. Use BankFee transaction type to record fees.