Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YTD Symbol Profit % chart on Overview tab - loses color formatting

Every time I open the workbook the "YTD Symbol Profit %" chart in the Overview worksheet loses the color formatting for the negative columns.

The negative columns appear with a white background as in the picture below:

Does this happen to somebody else?

Thanks!

Comments

• Yes, I have the same issue. I believe it is Excel bug, but I never investigated.
  • Happy New Year to all !!

It looks like you can dress up your chart by doing this:

Pick the color fill patterns for positive or negative bars.

Save your workbook.

BuddyB
  • You save your workbook and when you open your workbook again, the color is white again. Excel don't save the 2 color settings, it saves only one color
  • Hmm. I made the graphics change to one of my files. Before posting my previous comment, I closed and re-opened my test file, and colors were still as I reset them. I'm still on Excel 2010, so I still have the ability to edit my PowerPivot stuff. It seems odd, but perhaps that is the difference between what I'm seeing, and what Luc is seeing after he tries resetting his plot colors.

Buddyb
  • I am using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013, I don't have the Power Pivot add-in, and after saving and closing the workbook, and re-opening the workbook, the second color is not selected anymore, I suppose Excel never "saves" the selected color.
  • Instead of "Solid fill" you can select "Pattern fill" and then using Foreground and Background colors, save your workbook, reopen it and the colors are shown. It works for me in Excel 2013.