Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

problem figuring out how to use "generated quotes"

Perhaps I am trying to use it in a way that it was not meant to be used. I have created a symbol called MONEY.TO to represent cash in my accounts. I set the price of this symbol to one dollar and then enter transactions to account for the cash in the various accounts. It works when i create a quote file and enter a quote for the price of the symbol. (one dollar for everyday) But then i figured out that there is an option for "generated quotes" which would save me time but when i enter the line for that symbol, it does not create a quote file for it

Is it supposed to create a quote file? Do i have to delete my existing quote file in order for it to work?

i entered it as followed under the generated quotes section of psconfig

#MONEY.TO,2013-01-12,,1.00

is that correct?

Thanks, love the program!

D

Comments

• i will copy the psconfig here to show what it looks like. I also have a symbol fo US dollars which is MONEY.US

# MinDate: Minimum date for Portfolio Slicer.

2007-12-31

# DetailOutput: Values Yes or No. If value is Yes, then script outputs detail execution information, otherwise just summary

No

# PSDataFolder: Folder were to create files for Portfolio Slicer external files. Default "..\PSData\"

c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData\

# GeneratedQuotes: to create static price quotes. Format: Symbol,MinDate,MaxDate,Price

#TDB166C.TO,2012-10-01,,10.00
    MONEY.TO,2008-01-06,,1.00
    MONEY.US,2008-01-06,,1.00

# DataRootFolder: Root folder for data. Default: "..\"

# ArchiveQuotes: values Yes or No. If value is Yes, Archive script will run

Yes

• Portfolio Slicer has built-in logic to track cash in your account and cash is in the same currency as an account currency. You can "Deposit" into account cash using the symbol "* Cash", then when you buy the symbol, the amount is automatically deducted from deposited cash.
    A bit more info about how Generated quotes are used is here:
    http://www.portfolioslicer.com/scripts/append-generated-quotes.html
    Basically, it just appends static quote record (one record per month) to final Quotes.csv file. You should not have any quotes files for that "manual" symbol in Quotes subfolder and if you do, you need to delete it.
    In psConfig.txt file any line that starts with # is ignored, and in your first example you had # for generated quote. In your follow up post you MONEY.TO and MONEY.US symbols appear to be OK.