Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations for Research Organization

Portfolio slicer has been exactly what I've been looking for, for what it does.

I've been struggling with the best way to organize all my research. This includes all notes on currently invested companies along with companies that are on my radar

I currently use OneNote. Its been okay but I feel there has to be a better way.

I thought that others that appreciate portfolio slicer may share a similar sentiment.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• I share your sentiment and interest in using the Portfolio Slicer tools to maintain research on investments and filtered candidates to possibly add to my investments. Although I have added fields for annual dividends and earnings to the Symbol table in my Power Pivot model, I still have to manually maintain data for those fields in order to present useful analysis data in the Report table.
    I would also be very interested in any pointers or recommendations that users may have for imbedding this line of investment research into Portfolio Slicer or possibly a separate application dedicated to investment research...
  • You would definitely need a separate application for research notes and stats, as Portfolio Slicer and specifically PowerPivot (technology used behind) is not good with texts or unstructured data and because I simply have no time to add such functionality to PortfolioSlicer. My main goal with PS is to have an environment where one can store every investment history transaction and see investment performance over time. There was simply no such product that would allow doing that without monthly fees and would allow users to have FULL CONTROL of THEIR OWN DATA.
  • @VidasMatelis , I'm not looking for Portfolio Slicer to fill the void of equity research. I was more looking for recommendations from like minded people.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into portfolio slicer. There truly is nothing else like it. I'm excited to try v3.