Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Initial data is not refreshing after migration?

Hi Vidas,

My newly migrated workbook doesn't appear to be updating? Checking my 'daily' tab, there is nothing after the 11th July.

I checked the areas you highlighted in another similar thread about not updating, and pretty much all my tables stop at the 11th July.

You already have my current files, would you be able to do a quick check and see if i've made a mistake somewhere, or advise on why spreadsheet isn't updating?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Hi,

Have you run script (.bat) file to get updated quotes? If so, can you send me your updated files from psdata folder.
  • Hi Vidas,

Ok so running that script has updated everything.

Can I confirm the correct process for keeping upto date then? Is it just a refresh or do I have to run that script as well everytime?

Also a general question. I presume I'm expecting the spreadsheet to not exactly match my reported portfolio balance by my broker? The spreadsheet is out by about $2000 (0.3%). I'm assuming this is due to difference in real time quotes between the spreadsheet and what my broker is using?

Thanks again!
  • Hi Chris,

You have to run script every time, or schedule script execution: http://portfolioslicer.com/scripts/schedule-data-update.html

There is usually some discrepancy between PS reports and banks for me too - because of timing when banks start using new quotes and slight difference in exchange rates. Just make sure that your number of shares and cash amounts in original currency matches. Also, you can try to compare PS results and bank quotes weekend/early Monday - in most cases results should be very close.