Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Journaling Shares

edited January 2022 in General
Is there a proper way to Journaling Shares in V2.4?

Eg, I purchased 100 shares of AQN.TO, Journal to AQN to receive the USD dividend and save on the FX fee. Would tracking ACB still be accurate since this is in a non registered account.

Comments

• Dividends usually does not impact ACB, unless is special type: "NotionalDistrib" or "ReturnOfCapital".
    If your shares are in USD account, then dividends received are assumed to be in USD currency.
    For proper dividend tracking, I would receive dividend for AQN.TO symbol, then would do withdraw cash for total dividend amount in CAD and then deposit USD cash into USD account.
    Please always manually check if ACB calculations are OK. If it is simple buy then sell, then PortfolioSlicer should calculate it properly. If there are multiple sell transactions, then ACB calculations becomes much more complicated and there might be bugs.
  • Sorry should have said the dividend is used to drip which is why it will affect the ACB.
  • Do not expect DRIPs to be totally accuarate with PS. I am not doing DRIPs on my "open" accounts just because it is a nightmare to calculate ACB.