Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yahoo Intraday Quotes

I am strictly invested in TSX listed stocks and have been using the Yahoo Intraday script to access my intraday holding prices. This is working satisfactorily but I find that the process is very slow. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a better option to source the data that I need?

Comments

• when you say slow, i get 7 quote on the TSX true the same script, take around 20 sec to execute
  • For my 21 TSX quotes it usually takes about 180 seconds although at times it may be as short as 25 seconds.
  • totopops - that is not normal takes me about 15sec for 20 symbols.
    Can you post your computer specs - CPU, memory, OS.
  • I was having a similar problem - I posted about it and Vidas responded. My intraday script sometimes take 300 seconds or longer for 36 symbols and other times it runs in just 15 or 20 seconds.

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 with 4GB of installed RAM. Processor is Intel Core i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.50 GHz.

I have always paused all cloud sharing programs from syncing before i run the batch files.

I am happy with a 300 seconds runtime myself but thought I would add some details here in case you find them relevant or useful in anyway for this thread.