Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transactions Not Recognizing?

I've been using portfolio slicer for years now - just in the last batch, I've entered in transactions of purchases/sales that aren't being "picked" up by the spreadsheet (meaning, when I enter in a "buy" transaction, it doesn't then register any change ni the "CashImpact", QtyChange, QtyHeld, etc columns. I do seem to notice that right where this error starts there is a "gap" in my "TransID" where it does not match up with the row of data entry.

Comments

• It appears that you enter transactions in the table, but these records are not added as part of the table records.
    You have to play with your data to figure out how to recover.
    I would do the following:
    1. Remove all filters from columns on your source table.
    2. Copy last transaction records (after "gap" in TransID) to different excel workbook and confirm that if you start adding new records, they are "accepted" into the table.
    3. Start copying back these transactions records that you copied out - try first one record, then batch of them and confirm that after copying them back your transactions are accepted.

If you still have issues, please report here.
  • Are your new transaction entries joining the "Data Table" of the "srcTrans" Tab? (Or are just typed into the row below the table)?
    You can tell the table is "Auto-adding" downwards, by the alternating background shading of the Rows.
    (The table needs empty cells beneath the existing table to be totally empty to allow the table to grow downwards).