Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quotes.csv "Each row should have exactly two column separators (' ') - ERROR. Bad records bellow:"

Hello,

How can I fix this error message I keep getting when I run UpdatePSData.bat?
"Quotes.csv. Each row should have exactly two column separators (' ') - ERROR. Bad records bellow:"

I have never had a problem with UpdatePSData.bat before. I have attached Error.txt and Quotes.csv (in the .zip file).

Thank You!

Comments

• I should also mention I am running PortfolioSlicer version 2.3.0
  • Your quotes.csv file has many NUL symbols (visible as empty rows) before each symbol start - very strange.
    I am assuming that you attempted to run file at least few times, right?
    If so, could you please first check your folder Quotes - are there any strange files in there? Then open file _AAPL_.txt and file _AAPL__Archive.txt - do these files have empty lines?
    If all looks good to you, could you please zip content of your Quotes folder and send to me?
    Your another option is to backup all files from Quotes folder to some other location (just in case) and then delete these files and let script to re-create files.
  • Hello Vidas,

I noticed some of the .txt files in the Quotes folder were titled as...
    _TECS_.txt
    _TECS__Archive.txt
    _TECS_-DESKTOP-98CB49N.txt
    _TECS_-DESKTOP-98CB49N_Archive.txt

The ones with "DESKTOP" in the name contained all NUL symbols. My guess is they got corrupted somehow.

I ended up following your last suggestion and removing all the files and running UpdatePSData.bat again. I did not get any errors this time. Everything is back to normal now.

Thank You!