Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Portfolio Slicer v3 Feedback

Hi Vidas
I migrated the data. I ran UpdatePSData.bat and did not have any errors. I even have .csv files in C:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData but when I run the -light, reports or PowerBI the reports are empty. I double-checked the Excel source path in psconfig. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Comments

• Can you please check c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData folder - do you have files: Symbol.csv, Transactions.csv? If so, can you open transactions.csv file with notepad and see if records in there are from your Excel file.
    If files are not there, then can you please check and confirm that your config file psConfig.txt has section ExcelSourceFile with the exact location TO YOUR PortfolioSlicer-Source.xlsx file

• Here's a screenshot. The files exist but the 1KB files are empty

You can see the path described in PSConfig

Here's where my Source file is:

• Can you please try this - if you have Excel file with PortfolioSlicer-Source.xlsx open - close it. Better close all Excel files. Then run UpdatePSData.bat file. After that please check c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData\Transactions.csv file and confirm if there is YOUR data in that file.
  • With all Excel files closed, I re-ran UpdatePSData.bat, I saw this:

I found Transactions.csv empty.
    I am running Excel 2019. On a separate note, if I go to SrcReview in PortfolioSlicer-Source, I can see my holdings.
  • Here's what's in PSCheckfiles.txt

18:16:52 --- Starting script psCheckFiles.ps1
    18:16:52 File Dates.csv. Record count: 2978
    Dates.csv. Row count - must be at least 2 (header and at least one date) - OK
    Dates.csv. First row (file header) should be 'Date' - OK
    Dates.csv. All but first row (header) should be in format YYYY-MM-DD - OK
    Dates.csv. Minimum date in file should be configured MinDate - OK (2012-12-31)
    Dates.csv. Maximum date in file should be today - OK (2021-02-23)
    Dates.csv. Dates should be unique - OK
    18:16:52 File Dates.csv check completed. No issues found.
    18:16:52 File Quotes.csv. Record count: 11706
    Quotes.csv. Row count - must be at least 2 (header and at least one record) - OK
    Quotes.csv. First row (file header) should be 'Date Close Symbol' - OK
    Quotes.csv. Each row should have exactly two column separators (' ') - OK
    Quotes.csv. All rows should have 'Date' column in format YYYY-MM-DD - OK
    Quotes.csv. Minimum date in file should be after configured MinDate - OK (2012-12-31)
    Quotes.csv. Maximum date in file should be today or before - OK (2021-02-23)
    Quotes.csv. Date+Symbol should be unique - OK
    18:16:53 File Quotes.csv check completed. No issues found.
    18:16:53 File Dividends.csv. Record count: 2
    Dividends.csv. Row count - must be at least 1 (header) - OK
    Dividends.csv. First row (header) should be 'PayDate DividendPerShare Symbol' - OK
    Dividends.csv. Each row should have exactly two column separators (' ') - OK
    Dividends.csv. All rows should have 'PayDate' column in format YYYY-MM-DD - OK
    Dividends.csv. Minimum date in file should be configured MinDate - OK (2012-12-31)
    Dividends.csv. Maximum date in file should be today or before - OK (2012-12-31)
    Dividends.csv. Date+Symbol should be unique - OK
    18:16:53 File Dividends.csv check completed. No issues found.
    18:16:53 File CurrencyConv.csv. Record count: 4168
    CurrencyConv.csv. Row count - must be at least 1 (header) - OK
    CurrencyConv.csv. First row should be 'Date ExchRate CurrencyFrom CurrencyTo' - OK
    CurrencyConv.csv. Each row should have exactly three column separators (' ') - OK
    CurrencyConv.csv. All rows should have 'Date' column in format YYYY-MM-DD - OK
    CurrencyConv.csv. Minimum date in file should be configured MinDate - OK (2012-12-31)
    CurrencyConv.csv. Maximum date in file should be today or before - OK (2021-02-23)
    CurrencyConv.csv. Date+CurrencyFrom+CurrencyTo should be unique - OK
    18:16:53 File CurrencyConv.csv check completed. No issues found.
    18:16:53 --- Finished. Duration: 1 sec.
    =======================================================================================

========== Message from PortfolioSlicer.com: 'v2.0-up to date'

• In the Scripts folder there will be subfolder Log. Can you please post here files GetExcelSrcData.ps1 content?
  • If at the start of the script you will see an error message that indicates that script is not able to read Excel file, then you will need to install drivers for that:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=13255

• 18:16:51 --- Starting script GetExcelSrcData.ps1
    18:16:51 --- Finished ExtractExcelData. Duration: 1 sec.

• It worked after installing drivers!
  • Thanks for letting me know! I'll update the installation steps.
  • Hi Vidas,

I am in the process of upgrading to V3.0. I have transferred my data from the previous version and have a couple of questions: 1) In the Account Tab, the Currency data is all highlighted red. I carefully checked the ReportCurrency Tab and everything seems to be fine and the Currency data is not highlighted red in the Symbol Tab. Any ideas? 2) In the srcReview Tab, I do not see the Refresh option after I click on a cell in the table and right click. I am using Microsoft 365.

Hope you can help. Thanks for providing such an awesome stock portfolio analysis tool!
  • 1. If you confirm it is OK, then then it should be no problem. You see red background just because of then conditional formatting - there are no impacts. But, if you can send me your src workbook, then I can take a look and see if there is any issue with my workbook. Before sending, for privacy reasons please completely delete worksheet Transactions, as I do not need it.
    2. Did you select a cell inside of the table? For example, select column header "Account" and then do right mouse click - do you see "Refresh" option in the third row from the top?
  • Vidas, I have succeeded in populating the new Excel reports. Initially, I used Data, Refresh All menu items to initially fill the srcReview Tab as the "Refresh" option was grayed out. I can now see the "Refresh" option when I follow your instructions above. Thanks for your assistance and for developing such as useful spreadsheet application that I have been using for the past six years.
  • Since you have separated the Source file from the rest of the reporting files (Excel report, Excel light report, and PowerBI), I notice that I can exclusively use PowerBI for refreshing after adding some transactions. This is awesome!
  • wsneill - did you figure out with Account currency is beeing red? I checked and I cannot see formatting problem on my workbooks. Maybe when you copied data from old workbook, you also moved OLD formatting rules? To check that - select any cell in Account table, then from Home menu choose "Conditional Formatting"=>"Manager rules". You should see 4 rules and just one of them applies to D column. Something like this:

If you see other rules - delete them.
    Also - when copying data from old workbook to new workbook - always use "Paste special", "Values".