Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Migrating from V2.2 to V2.3

I followed instructions on copying data from V2.x instructions, namely deleting all rules. I copied data from V2.2 worksheets (src, srcsymbol, srctrans) to their respective V2.3 worksheets.

I copied the data folders from my V2.2 directory and updated ran UpdatePSdata.bat. Data in the folders appeared to update correctly.

When I load V2.3 in Excel and "Update All Data", I get the following error

"We couldn't get data from the data model. Here is the error message we got

The 'Attribute Relationship' with 'Attribute ID' = 'Symbol' doesn't exist in the collection"

I am using Excel 13 and Windows 10, same as I do for V2.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Ron.

Comments

• Hi,

Open new updated workbook and new empty original workbook side by side.
    1. Confirm that source table headers in new updated workbook were not accidentally changed.
    2. Check that first row in transactions and symbol table in new updated workbook was not copied from old version, but match new empty workbook first rows.
    3. Make sure that transactions table has no red cells indicating data issues.

If that no help, send me your new workbook and psdata folder content. But I will be able to revirw just next week Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. The source table header appear to be the same. I did find several copy/paste errors I made and corrected them.

I have one red cell in srcSymbol, the table with SymbolAlias Symbol
    US Index ^GSPC

The cell U2, ^GSPC, is red.

I ran "Update All", no errors occurred. There is no data in most of the worksheets. There is data in Transinfo and it is correct. There is data in DivGen but it is incomplete.

I can send you the excel file and data files if you send your email address.

thanks
    ron

• Please send me your workbook. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Ron,

Thanks for sending me your workbook. I was able to refresh it without any problems and without any changes - it refreshed from the first time without errors. One issue I saw - it looked like reports were not updated, but really this happened because you left CAD currency in Reported Currency list and by default selected reporting currency was CAD. But as you do not have any CAD conversion data, it looked that reports were empty. As soon as I changed Reporting Currency slicer to USD, all data appeared.

Could you please:
    1. Confirm that in c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData folder you have 2.3 data and not 2.2.
    2. Could you please try to refresh workbook you have. Are you still getting error messages? Can you please click OK on error message till refresh finishes and then try refresh again. Do you get error message when you refresh second time?
    3. If step 2 does not work, could you please try to refresh workbook that I send you back. Does refresh works?

Regards,