Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSData file location and name

Hi Vidas

Sadly the Excel 2013 I am using does not have the PowerPivot interface. I know from your detail instructions that I cannot change the location of the PSData file.

Just trying my luck if there is away to do this with the Excel 2013 version that I have or perhaps keep the location but change the name of the PSData file ? I ask because I am keeping 2 sets of Portfolio Slicers, both of which hold a lot of data. PSConfig can load the data into a PSData file location and name of my choosing, but Portfolio Slicer cannot extract the data unless the file file name is PSData.

Thanks for your time.

Gumby

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Hi,

First of all - you can have multiple versions of your Excel workbook that use same PSData file location because data in that folder is re-created every time you run "Full" extract script.
    So you could:
    1. Run data extract script for Workbook1. Refresh workbook1.
    2. Run data extract script for Workbook2. Refresh workbook2.
    Above does not work if you want to schedule you data extract scripts.

As another option, I created Excel workbook that points to c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData2 folder for external data files. You can download this here.

• Hi Vidas

Thanks! As i need to keep 2 separate folders for PS (long story) your Excel workbook that is linked to PSData2 is a real benefit for me.

Much thanks again for the support

Gumby
  • Hi Vidas

Can I be greedy and ask for PS v 2.2 linked to c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData2 ?

Thanks

Gumby
  • Just released v2.3 that now include small fixes reported by users. File with alternative location: http://portfolioslicer.com/download/v2.3/PortfolioSlicerV2.3-XL13-2.zip