Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Capital Gain Type

Hello all,
This may have been discussed already but it is possible to break out long and short term gains in portfolio slicer? If not is that something that could be added relatively easily? I was thinking it may mean manually assigning a lot number to each purchase of a stock, so maybe the transaction tab would need to be changed. I'm not versed at all in powerpivot though, so I'm not sure what's the easiest route.

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Hi Joe,

If you have some symbols that are traded for "short term gains" and other symbols that are traided for "long term gains", then in Symbol table you can use fields SymbolGroup1, SymbolGroup2 or SymbolGroup3. For example for some of the you can specify "Short", other "Long". Then in any report where you want to filter by Short/Log term gain, you could just add this field into Filter area or as a slicer (you can find how to do so online, or I can give you instructions).

If sometimes same symbol is traded for short term gains and other times for long term gains, then it gets complicated and you cannot easily track that with PS.
  • Okay thanks for the suggestion.

Joe