Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

calcs not working

2»

Comments

• does it make sense to just put all symbols both stock and mutual fund under googleweb?
  • why does the psconfig demo have symbols listed like this?

AAPL,,,,N
  • It is more efficient to get quotes from google than googleweb. But at the end you should get same data back, so you could list all under googleweb.
    Format for symbol specification is:
    # Google: list of symbols from Google Finance website (link to download csv file available).
    Format: Symbol,MinDate,MaxDate,IntraDayFlag[Y|N], DividendFlag[Y|N], FactorHistory, FactorIntraDay, FactorDividend
    So AAPL,,,,N specifies that you set DividendFlag to N. That worked with Yahoo when dividends were available, now there are no dividend download, so N is ignored.
  • This is what my UpdatePSIntraDay.bat looks like:

echo off
    powershell .\Scripts\GetQuotesGoogleIntraday.ps1
    powershell .\Scripts\GetExchRatesYahooIntraday.ps1
    powershell .\Scripts\CreateDatesFile.ps1
    powershell .\Scripts\MakePSDataFiles.ps1
    powershell .\Scripts\AppendGeneratedQuotes.ps1
    powershell .\Scripts\CheckPSFiles.ps1
    choice /C Y /T 10 /D Y /M "Waiting 10sec before closing"

Please confirm that I should get IntraDay from Google now?
  • When did you download latest scripts? If you did not do that in the past 3 months, please re-download scripts.
    During business day run UpdatePSDataIntraDay.bat and check if there is file QuotesIntraDay\GoogleIntraday.txt created - check content of that file and confirm that quotes there are as expecting.
    Are you getting no intraday quotes or just no intraday quotes for some symbols. Please check if google have page have updated quotes - it could be that mutual fund quotes are updated just once per day after market closed.
  • Vidas,
    I'm back to full functionality. Thanks for all your assistance.