Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yahoo quotes - duplicate records

Maxim told me that currently, Yahoo scripts might generate duplicate records because the way Yahoo provides data. He is working on solution for this.

Comments

• That's great! I find that depending on when I run the script I get the duplicate records issue. I have been simply deleting all files in the Quotes folder and re-running the script. Thanks for the update!
  • i am getting duplicate records using google quotes. Should i be running the newest scripts now?
  • First you have to delete duplicate records. If you can, open files in Quotes folder and delete duplicate records or all records from date when duplicates started. When scripts will run, they will add quotes after latest quote date in each symbol file. Then download latest scripts, review/update psConfig.txt and re-run quote extract scripts.
  • ok thanks Vidas. That seemed to work but today my intraday quotes dont seem to be updating the spreadsheet. I see the intra day scripts show the new quotes for the day but they are not pulling through. I am still using google, should i be using yahoo quotes?
  • Hi Ryano,

Even from google you should be able to get intraday quotes. Steps for troubleshooting are:
    1. Open folder \QuotesIntraDay and make sure you see that folder when you run next step.
    2. Run data extract scripts. You should see that at first all files from the folder \QuotesIntraDay disappear, and then they should appear again. As you are interested in Google quotes, pay attention to GoogleIntraday.txt file.
    3. If file is there, then open file and check if it has intraday quotes for symbols you expect.

If file GoogleIntraday is created and then quickly dropped, most likely you need to download updated scripts - there was bug in earlier scripts and maybe you do not have latest scripts.
    If file GoogleIntraday is not created, then you should pick one symbol and then check google website if the quote for that symbol is updated.
  • The scripts seem to work fine. The googleintraday is created and the files look fine. The file is not dropped. It doesnt carry these updated quotes into the spreadsheet.
  • Ryano,

Please check \PSData\Quotes.csv - do these intraday quotes appear at the end of the file (just before generated quotes if you have any)?
    Please check PSData folder - do you have error.txt file there?
    What is the latest day in your Excel reports?